Customer Experience (CX)
CX, the abbreviation for customer experience, refers to how a company engages with its customers. It encompasses every touchpoint and every type of customer interaction. The term is often used to describe an individual interaction or the totality of all interactions.
Many businesses have teams that interact with customers and prospects on a person-to-person user experience basis. These “high-touch” customer service contacts feel personal and deliver maximum flexibility, but they are expensive.
- Salespeople directly engage with customers to find the right products and services
- Retail teams provide both simple and complex services to users, face-to-face
- Contact centers have customer care teams that answer inquiries when customers call
- Chat experiences engage customers 1-2-1 via web pages, apps, and purpose-built platforms
Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
With RPA, companies interact with customers using bot-based tools to answer common questions and help customers complete tasks without human intervention. These approaches are less expensive than human contact but can be disappointing if the bots are not robust.
- Lead generation “bots” live on brand websites and collect inquiries from visitors
- Chatbots are preset to answer a range of customer questions/needs
- Recent innovations have markedly improved bot-based experiences for users, with the most advanced delivering a great customer experience
- Chatbots can escalate questions requiring human support or provide links to digital self-service
Digital self-service is a fast-growing component of CX that offers customers DIY applications to answer specific questions and needs. These can be created via custom development, outsourced developers, or purpose-built no-code CX automation tools.
- Digital self-service experiences are a less expensive alternative to live human support
- They can be used to deflect some contact center interactions and reshape behavior
- Many customers prefer self-service as it often makes it faster/easier to resolve issues
- Digital self-service experiences can also replace outdated paper- and PDF-based processes
As customers adopt more and more digital technology, they expect to be able to access company information and products in whatever channel is convenient. Delivering consistent CX across channels is increasingly essential for the modern enterprise.
- In-person contact remains a critical component, especially in high involvement categories
- Contact centers require well-trained teams and robust technology to deliver great experiences
- Bots and AI-powered applications try to strike a balance between personalized and DIY support
- Digital self-service drives high satisfaction with dramatically lower costs than other CX channels
Customer experience professionals and innovation teams monitor and measure customer satisfaction using various metrics. By keeping track of customer feedback, they can understand the quality of every customer interaction and the overall satisfaction of their customers.
- Net promoter score assesses the extent to which a customer would recommend the company’s products and services
- Customer effort score measures the difficulty customers experience when trying to complete tasks
- Customer loyalty metrics identify whether a company has good customer retention or experiences customer churn
- Customer feedback and customer sentiment verbatims provide qualitative insights into overall customer satisfaction
FICX and CX
The FICX CX Automation Platform enhances your CX program by empowering you to develop and deliver digital self-service experiences 10X faster, and at 90+% lower cost, than custom development. It is an end-to-end solution offering everything you need to provide outstanding CX through self-service channels at every customer touchpoint.
- Design and implement customer-facing experience apps without a single line of code
- Leverage pre-built customer service workflows, templates, and data integrations
- Include form logic, customer data form fill, dynamic pdf builder, e-sign, and more
- Easy-to-use integration builder for dynamic forms and digital customer experiencesC